One Life – Multiple Career
Today, when the recession is on its way and inflation is at its peak, it has become necessary to choose a career that can keep you stabilized in these unstable surroundings,
Because gone are the days of the concept of One Life – One Career.
In this article, we discuss the 5 Signs that it’s time to give your career a second thought and move on.
Importance of Choosing A Right Career
Choosing a career that can uplift your skills, and lifestyle, and get you recognized is a must for everyone. Remember, your passion plays a key role in your life. Why would a person having an interest in art should work as an accountant? Doing a wrong job that doesn’t motivate you, that doesn’t make you happy, won’t take you anywhere.
5 Signs To Move On
Here are some key signs that you need to reconsider your career and move on,
- Your Job is Impacting Your Self-Confidence: Doing a job that makes you question your self-esteem and confidence are some early signs to move onto a new job. This would further drain your mental peace and make you regret it in the later stages of your life.
- You Don’t Learn Something New: Learning is the base of growth. If you’re employed at a workplace but couldn’t learn something new, you are stuck in your comfort zone.
- You Prioritize Money Over Your Career: It’s true money plays an important role in your life. But working just for the sake of money won’t work for you in the long run. Remember the quote? Money can’t buy ‘Happiness’.
- You Feel Distracted and Bore at Workplace: If you hate going to work on Mondays and wait eagerly for weekends, then you need to reconsider your career. A passionate job would keep you energetic and excited instead of feeling lazy and distracted all the time.
- You Have a Job Inferiority Complex: When you are motivated, passionate, and enthusiastic regarding something, you don’t feel insecure or jealous of anyone. Go for a career that pays well and for which you have determination and passion, and keep upskilling yourself to grow in that field.
So far you might have concluded whether you need to change your career or not. Get out of your comfort zone and find a one that gives you happiness, makes you learn new things, uplift your skill set, and makes you proud of yourself!
Ready to change your career to become an independent IT Consultant?
If you want to get some tips on entering into consulting, read our article “How To Get Into Consulting“