Choosing the right career that can keep you motivated and productive at the workplace is very important,
If you are someone who has resigned from their job recently,
There is nothing to worry about. Stats show that around 24% resigned from their jobs recently in Canada,
There are certain key steps that one needs to follow,
To make better career decisions,
In this article, we are going to discuss the 7 Steps To Make Better Career Decisions.
Why do Career Decisions Matters?
Your decisions are what make you! If you made a wrong decision while choosing your career, it can cost you a lot physiologically. For example- you won’t be able to give your 100% effort at the workplace because you are doing a job, you don’t like to do.
It would make your employer question your efforts and knowledge or even worse- you might get terminated!
So before opting for a fresh career start, follow these effective steps:
- Ask yourself ‘Why’?: Know what you want to achieve in your career and why now? If you’re looking for a change, then write down why you want this change. Because of the low salary? Or do you want to work remotely? Answer these questions as it will provide you with more clarity for your next step.
- Identify Your Values: Your values are important in each phase of your life. Write down at least 3 values that can help you in making a better decision in your career. For example- Would you like to work for a high-paying job role with limited knowledge or a job with fewer salaries but with room for learning?
- Talk to People: Don’t torture yourself by keeping things to yourself. Have a chat with your family members or well-wishers that can help you with your decisions. One of the best ways is to talk with industry professionals that have experience with your areas of interest.
- Explore Other Opportunities: Try exploring other opportunities that you are passionate about but have never given a thought to pursue. Even if you are inexperienced, you can still try out new things by learning new skills.
- Don’t Rush: Take your time to work on your thoughts. Don’t rush because it won’t make the situation better.
- Be Positive: Embrace your fears in these tough situations. Remember- being scared is ok. No one will judge you, so keep the negativity away from yourself and develop a positive mindset.
- Put all Pieces Together: Once you are done with all the above steps. It is time to put all the pieces together. Make a written plan and see what would be the best choice for your career. See which option would make you happy and enthusiastic.
To Sum It Up
Decisions play a key role in everyone’s life. Especially, career decisions! So before opting for the wrong career, go through these 7 steps that can help you picturized everything smoothly.
If you’re a working professional looking to start a career in IT Consulting, Register in our advanced IT Consulting Programs today!